Quote from the "Son of a Surrogate" Blog

Quote from the "Son of a Surrogate" Blog

It looks to me like I was bought and sold. You can dress it up with as many pretty words as you want. You can wrap it up in a silk freaking scarf. You can pretend these are not your children. You can say it is a gift or you donated your egg to the IM. But the fact is that someone has contracted you to make a child, give up your parental rights and hand over your flesh and blood child. I dont care if you think I am not your child, what about what I think! Maybe I know I am your child.When you exchange something for money it is called a commodity.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Links to interesting articles

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/nyregion/in-surrogacy-case-nj-supreme-court-is-deadlocked-over-whom-to-call-mom.html?smid=pl-share

This subject for the link is within

http://anonymousus.org

Here is the mission statement from the website:
The Anonymous Us Project is a safety zone for real and honest opinions about reproductive technologies and family fragmentation. We aim to share the experiences of voluntary and involuntary participants in these technologies, while preserving the dignity and privacy for story-tellers and their loved ones.
We honor and are forever thankful for the courageous minds among the donor-conceived who have worked tirelessly before us for justice and education on the ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) family experience. We hold these story-tellers, educators and leaders in high esteem and are forever grateful for all of the sacrifices they have made to improve family policy and thus quality of life for all parties. We also acknowledge that many members of the ART community have serious opinions and experiences regarding their family structure that they'd like to add to the discussion, but feel they cannot because of a need for privacy.This project gives them an opportunity to be heard without having to reveal their identity and potentially hurt their loved ones. Though anonymity in reproduction hides the truth, anonymity in story-telling will help reveal it.
We hope that The Anonymous Us Project will fill out the conversation on reproductive technologies. We hope it will inspire more truth and transparency. We hope it will help shape healthier families and happier people.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/us/kansas-sperm-donation/index.html

A case where a person who intended to be solely a donor, is now being sued for child support.

http://www.cbc-network.org/issues/making-life/surrogacy/

This link is to a non-profit group who looks at all bio-ethical issues. In surrogacy, and sperm/ egg donation world this group is a great voice for the products from these conceptions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jun/05/india-surrogates-impoverished-die

This is an article about how foreign surrogates are treated. In the quest to be able to go through the surrogacy process more cheaply women who are living in poverty are putting their lives on the line. 

http://sonofasurrogate.tripod.com/

This is a blog written by another product of traditional product of surrogacy like myself. His blog was the first connection I had to another person like myself. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello everyone my name is Jessica from Spain, i am here to share my story on how i conceived my baby. i have been married to my husband for years without no baby. i had problems with my in-laws about this, even my husband started to have new affairs aside our marriage. it was a very terrible thing to bear. i cried all the time , i became a laughing stock among my friends,i was now seen as always unhappy. after many infertility treatment and there is no way. i took it as i was born barren and i accepted every challenge that comes my way. i was even ready to pack out of my marital home and stay on my own because my husband was not given me any attention that i needed from him. i decided to focus on my job and try to live happy on my own.on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living baby-center i came across a story of a woman who Mallam Abudu helped to conceive a baby. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life.Mallam Abudu prepared a herbal medicine for me and instruct me how to use it and i went happily to my husband and we slept together over night and within 7days i took in, today i'm a proud mum. words will not be enough to explained what Mallam Abudu did for me. pregnancy medicine for me and i am a happy mother,i know there is someone in same condition and you feel there is no way. i urge you to contact Mallam Abudu, this is the contact email: mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com .. whats App number +2349055637784

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb. I really enjoyed very much with this article here. Really it is an amazing article I had ever read. I hope it will help a lot for all. Thank you so much for this amazing posts and please keep update like this excellent article.thank you for sharing such a great blog with us. expecting for your.
    Best Infertility treatment in noida
    Best Fertility Centre in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are urgently in need of kidney donors with the sum of $500,000.00 USD (3 crore) and Also In Foreign currency. Apply Now!,For more info Email:
    healthc976@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete